On 9 Sept.2017 in Ha Long, the Institute of Labor science and Social Affairs and the Hanns Seidel Foundation (HSF)- Germany signed a memorandum of cooperation for the period 2017-2019. Dr. Dao Quang Vinh, Director of Institute of Labor science and Social Affairs and Prof. Ursula Männle, President of HSF were representatives from two institutes had signed the memorandum.
The main objectives and orientations for the period 2017-2019 are:
– Objective: To strengthen the capacity of Vietnamese government agencies, especially in the formulation of labor and social security policies to promote equality in Viet Nam.
– Detail goal:
- Improve the quality of policy recommendations on labor and social security prepared by the Institute of Labor science and Social Affairs;
- Improve the quality of seminars, policy dialogues on labor and social security among agencies, units, representatives of civil society, government and research institutions;
- Improve knowledge and understanding of international standards on labor and social security as well as understanding of sustainable development goals.
– Main activities in the period 2017-2019:
- Organizing seminars, high-level conferences, international conferences and training courses to disseminate knowledge, experiences and discussions on labor policy and social security recommendations;
- Conduct research and publication on policy recommendations with evidence-based for the development and revision of relevant social policies, laws, and documents;
- Organize field trips and study tours in Europe in general and in Germany in particular to exchange experience and knowledge, to serve the capacity building of ILSSA staffs.
Some images at the signing ceremony: