On Roles, Responsibilities, Duties, Authorities and Organization Structure
of Institute of Labour Science and Social Affairs
THE MINISTER OF LABOUR - INVALIDS AND SOCIAL AFFAIRS
Pursuant to the Law of the Government Organization dated the 25th December 2001;
Pursuant to the Decree No. 36/2012/ND-CP of the Government, dated the 18th April 2012, which stipulates the role, duty, authority organization structure of the Ministries and Ministerial-level organizations;
Pursuant to the Decree No. 106/2012/ND-CP of the Government, dated the 2th December 2012, which stipulates the role, duty, authority and organization structure of the Ministry of Labour - Invalids and Social Affairs;
Upon the proposal of the Director General of the Department of Personnel and Organization.
Article 1.The Institute of Labour Sciences & Social Affairs is a scientific research unit of the Ministry of Labour - Invalids and Social Affairs, has the roles of carrying out basic, strategic and applicable research works, serving the Ministry’s implementation of state management role in the areas of: employment, vocational training, labour, salary, social insurance, occupational safety, the national devotees, social protection, child protection & care, gender equality, social vices prevention and combat (herein after referred to as the area of labour, the national devotees and social affairs); and managing the Ministry’s scientific research works
The official name in English of the Institute is Institute of Labour Sciences & Social Affairs, in short form is ILSSA.
Article 2. The Institute of Labour Sciences & Social Affairs has the following duties:
1. Submitting to the Ministry annual and long-term plans of science & technology research in the area of labour, national devotees and social affairs.
2. Conducting basic, strategic and applicable research works in the area of labour, national devotees and social affairs.
3. Collecting and analyzing information and forecasting the development of the area of labour, national devotees and social affairs.
4. Conducting surveys and information statistics to serve the research works.
5. Managing research and application works of science and technology & all other research works of the Ministry, being a permanent member of the Ministry’s Council of Sciences.
6. Participating in preparation of strategies, 5 year plans, National Target programs and policies of the area of labour, national devotees and social affairs; taking part in scientific debating, evaluating and validating programs, plans, projects, policies and research works of the Ministry.
7. Conducting and participating in joint projects of post-graduate training (doctorate level) in the area of labour & social affairs as specified by laws.
8. Participating in training activities for officials, public servants and civil servants of the labour and social affairs sector.
9. Cooperating with other scientific research institutions, in Vietnam and abroad, with the international organizations & NGOs, to conduct scientific research works in the area of labour and social affairs, as specified by the Ministry and by laws.
10. Conducting services, consultation and scientific research works which are suitable to the responsible area & capacity of the Institute and as specified by laws.
11. Managing public servants, employees, and financial & physical resources as specified by the Ministry and by laws.
12. Performing any tasks assigned by the Ministry.
Article 3. Organization structure of the Institute of Labour Sciences & Social Affairs:
1. The Institute of Labour Sciences & Social Affairs has one Director General and a number of Deputy Directors
2. Functional sections of the Institute include:
- Department of Personnel Administration;
- Department of Planning and International Cooperation;
- Department of Accounting and Finance;
- Department of Scientific Management;
- Department of Studies on Wage and Indistrial Relations;
- Department of Studies on Social Protection Policies;
- Centre for Population and Human Resources Studies;
- Centre for Female Workers and Gender Studies
- Centre for Environment and Working Conditions Studies;
- Centre for Information, Strategic Analysis and Forecast;
The Institute of Labour Sciences & Social Affairs has an Advisory Board to assist the Director General in scientific research activities.
Article 4. The Director General is responsible for setting up and implementing regulations of on working & working relation of the Institute; specifying roles and duties of the functional sections; managing and specifying tasks and works to its staffs to ensure a proper completion of the assigned duties and tasks.
Article 5. The Institute of Labour Sciences & Social Affairs has its own seal, account and performs as an independent legal entity as specified by laws.
Article 6. This Decision comes into force from the date of signing and supersedes the Decision no. 516/QD-LDTBXH dated 10 April 2008 of the Minister of Labour - Invalids and Social Affairs.
Article 7. The Chief of the Ministry Office, The Director General of the Department of Personnel & Organization, the Director General of the Institute of Labour Sciences & Social Affairs and heads of related units bear full responsibility for implementation of this Decision.